Organise a street collection
The two street collections we do here at Blind Low Vision NZ are Red Puppy Appeal in March and Blind Week in October. We are looking for volunteers to coordinate collections in their community. If you are organised, friendly and approachable, then we need you!
What’s involved in organising a collection?
- Roster your volunteers. We provide you with the details of people who have volunteered to collect in your area; you draw up a roster of who is collecting where and when. We’ll provide a list of sites in your area. Don’t worry, we’ll arrange all the permissions you need from your local council and shop owners.
- Distribute materials. We provide you with bibs, buckets, posters and stickers – you just need to make sure each collector has the necessary materials for collection day.
- Bank donations. We’ll provide banking bags and receipts and all you have to do is empty the buckets from your collectors and go to your local BNZ to deposit the money. You do not need to count the money
- Motivate your volunteers. Bring a positive attitude and a few encouraging words to keep your volunteers smiling on the day!
As a volunteer coordinator, you’ll need:
- To be available on the designated dates.
- Time to call your collectors and roster them into a schedule (4-6 hours).
- Your own transport.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- To be friendly and approachable.
Blind Low Vision NZ will provide:
- Telephone and email support.
- Amazing volunteers.
- Collection sites in your area.
- All the materials you’ll need.
- Reference letter or email.
- Click on the following link to open up our Health & Safety documents
- Support and gratitude from Blind Low Vision NZ Fundraising team!
To sign up or for any questions you can contact the Street Collections team on 0800 120 254, or at email@example.com