Organise a Blind Week street collection
The Blind Week street collection is on Friday 18 and Saturday 19 October 2019 and we are looking for volunteers to coordinate collections in their community. If you are organised, friendly and approachable, then we need you!
What’s involved in organising a collection?
- Roster your volunteers. We provide you with the details of people who have volunteered to collect in your area; you draw up a roster of who is collecting where and when. We’ll provide a list of sites in your area. Don’t worry, we’ll arrange all the permissions you need from your local council and shop owners.
- Distribute materials. We provide you with bibs, buckets, posters and stickers – you just need to make sure each collector has the necessary materials for collection day.
- Bank donations. We’ll provide banking bags and receipts and all you have to do is empty the buckets from your collectors and go to your local BNZ to deposit the money.
- Motivate your volunteers. Bring a positive attitude and a few encouraging words to keep your volunteers smiling on the day!
As a volunteer coordinator, you’ll need:
- To be available on Friday 18 and Saturday 19 October.
- Time to call your collectors and roster them into a schedule (4-6 hours)
- Your own transport
- Excellent organisational skills
- To be friendly and approachable
And the Blind Low Vision NZ will provide:
- Telephone and email support
- Amazing volunteers
- Collection sites in your area
- All the materials you’ll need
- Reference letter or email
To sign up or for any questions you can contact the Blind Week Team on 0800 120 254, or at email@example.com