Fast Track Job Workshop
11th-22nd June 2018.
Register your interest by 11 May.
Are you motivated to work or become ‘work ready’ but unsure of how or where to start? Employment Services are here to help and have designed a job workshop to support you build your skills and confidence and develop strategies to help you get the job you want.
The Job Workshop programme includes:
- Build and develop a realistic plan to get the job you want,
- Building and tailoring your CV,
- Learn how to write focused cover letters,
- Practice interviews,
- Talking about your vision – where best to disclose this during the job search,
- What adaptive technology you may need for work,
- Identifying your skills, abilities and attributes and how these relate to your job seeking and career choice,
- What tools and strategies can help you with your job search,
- The opportunity to meet, share and learn from your peers and others who are blind or partially sighted and working.
To be considered you must be:
- A Blind Foundation client.
- Over 18 with independent living skills.
- Open to registering with Blind Foundation Employment Service.
- Able to complete pre-programme assignments with the help of your Employment Consultant prior to the workshop.
- Fully motivated and able to commit to the full 10-day workshop.
- Open to new ideas, engaging, eager to learn and happy to contribute.
If you are interested in participating in this course, we ask that you send us your expression of interest by no later than 4 May 2018
Please note that if you are based outside of Christchurch, funding may be provided for your travel costs to and from Christchurch plus accommodation costs. Please discuss this further with our Workshop Coordinator.
For further information please contact the Employment Team at email@example.com or call 0800 24 33 33 and ask to speak to one of our employment consultants.
Read about a past participant Jill Perkin’s experience here, and how she landed a job that she loves after seven years of being unemployed.
96 Bristol Street