- 250g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup golden syrup
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp boiling water
- 3 cups plain flour (sifted)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar, golden syrup, ginger and cinnamon. Whisk together until well combined.
- Dissolve the baking soda into the boiling water and add to the butter mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon, mix the flour into the butter mixture until well combined.
- Roll teaspoonfuls into balls, place on the baking tray about 4cm apart and flatten.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Allow to cool on oven trays.