Shape a bright future: The Blind Low Vision NZ graduate programme awaits
18 May 2023
Are you a recent graduate or on the cusp of graduation? Do you identify as blind, deafblind, or someone with low vision? If you’re nodding along, this call is for you! We’re looking for recent graduates to join us on a journey of learning, growth, and potential at the Blind Low Vision NZ Graduate Programme.
Discover your pathway to professional success
The Blind Low Vision NZ Graduate Programme is a one-of-a-kind initiative designed to give graduates like you a robust start to your career. As a fully funded, 12-month workplace opportunity, our programme is more than just an internship—it’s a steppingstone to your future.
This programme allows you to dive into a professional workplace, build an impressive network of contacts and mentors, and put your qualifications into action. Not only that but you’ll also be assigned a senior mentor to guide you through any obstacles and help you navigate your career aspirations.
A programme designed with you in mind
The graduate programme is a well-balanced mix of experiences. It includes a 9-month paid placement within our organisation, and a 3-month paid stint with an external employer. But we understand the journey doesn’t end at 12 months. We’re committed to helping you leverage these experiences to secure employment outside the organisation.
We’ve designed this programme to help you:
- Master the skills needed to thrive in a professional workplace.
- Develop practical skills directly related to your area of study.
- Successfully complete an external placement.
- Build confidence and adaptability in diverse work environments.
- Secure employment beyond the 12-month programme.
- Break down barriers and champion hiring individuals who are blind, deafblind, or have low vision with external employers.
Eligibility: Are you the right fit?
The Blind Low Vision NZ Graduate Programme is open to individuals who are blind or have low vision and:
- Have earned a diploma or higher qualification within the last four years.
- Can commit to the 12-month programme continuously, from July 2023 to July 2024.
- Can participate in the programme for a minimum of 4 days per week (full-time preferred).
- Are New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
- Live within commuting distance of a Blind Low Vision NZ office.
If you’re thinking, “I don’t quite meet all the criteria, but I’m still interested,” don’t hesitate to reach out! We’re more than happy to discuss your individual circumstances.
Your future starts here
Blind Low Vision NZ is committed to your success, and as part of your application process, we offer a consultation with our Employment Services.
Grab this opportunity to mould your future, learn from industry experts, and kickstart a thriving career.
Applications close on the 28th of May, 2023. We encourage you, or anyone you know who would benefit from this programme, to apply today.
Hmm, no more results were found, click here to return to all "News".