- Blind Low Vision NZ Podcast
- Information and Resources
- Make your donation go further by donating your tax rebate
- Robyn lost most of her vision suddenly. But thanks to kind Kiwis like you she feels she’s had wonderful support
- Thank you for continuing to change lives with Blind Low Vision NZ.
- Thank you very much for your very kind, and much appreciated gift.
- How we can help
- News & Events
- Get involved
Here’s how your donation will continue to make a difference.
If you are an individual New Zealand tax resident who has received taxable income in a tax year, then you are entitled to a 33% rebate on each donation that you make to us. If you are one of the majority of New Zealand givers who does not claim this rebate back from Inland Revenue, why not consider gifting it to us so we can continue to provide vital services to New Zealanders who are blind, deafblind or have low vision.
How can I do this?
There are two ways to donate your tax rebate back to us:
1. Inland Revenue
You are able to claim your tax rebate directly with Inland Revenue and donate this back to us. You can do this in two ways:
- IRD Online Portal – you can now do this using the IRD portal and then donate it to us – to find out more how to do this visit IRD donations.
- By filing in a form – you can download and complete this IRD tax credit claim form and then send with a copy of your tax receipt to Inland Revenue.
Once you have received your rebate for the donation back from the IRD you can call us on 0800 787 743 to donate it back to us. If you could please mention you are donating your tax rebate, we would appreciate it, so that we can thank you appropriately. Or donate online.
2. Sign up to TaxGift
To make this process even easier, we are now partnering with an organisation called TaxGift, who can manage this process simply for you. With a few easy steps, you can boost your donations to us without paying a cent more!
By filling in the TaxGift sign up form and opting in to TaxGift your donations, we will receive as a further gift of money the tax credit available on all donations that you make to us going forward, boosting your original gift over time by up to 48%!!
It won’t cost you anything to sign up to TaxGift or donate your tax credit to us, and only tax credits available on your donations to Blind Low Vision NZ will be captured – (please note that once you have signed up, you will not be able to claim this tax credit for yourself).
Still have questions?
If you have any further questions or would like us to mail you a TaxGift or the IRD Tax Credit Claim Form, please contact our supporter care team on 0800 787 743 and they will be happy to help.