Why choose a guide dog?
Guide dogs provide more than mobility; they also provide companionship, enhanced independence and improved confidence. Choosing to live and work with a guide dog is a big decision, and we are committed to helping our clients work their way through the entire process.
What Blind Low Vision NZ Guide Dogs provide:
- Your guide dog and its equipment, free of charge.
- One to one training with a professional Guide Dog Mobility Instructor.
- Customised instructional program to meet your individual needs.
- Follow up and support for the life of the guide dog team.
- Access to financial support in cases of veterinary emergencies or sudden illness.
- When the time comes for your guide dog to retire, we will talk with you about the potential for a successor dog.
If you think a guide dog might be right for you, please take a few minutes to answer our short self assessment quiz by clicking on the link/button called ‘Take the self-assessment’ below. These questions will help you determine if guide dog mobility is the right choice for you at this time in your life.