The Blind Foundation participates in many of the consultations undertaken by the government, local authorities, and other agencies.
It is a really important part in guiding change and providing education, information and awareness.
We also comment on research needs, proposals for changes to legislation and social policy. The views and expertise of our community and staff inform the writing and presentation of submissions. In some cases we makes joint submissions with other groups, e.g. blindness consumer organisations that have strength in advocacy.
There are no current submissions open at the moment, but when there are we will post them here.
Here you will find copies of the submissions that we have made recently. If you’re looking for something a bit older email us and we’ll do our best to track it down for you.
- Blind Foundation Submission Auckland Transport Central Suburbs New Network (.doc)
- Blind Foundation Submission Auckland Transport Eastern Suburbs New Network (.doc)
- Blind Foundation Submission Draft Pharmacy Action Plan 2015-2020 (.doc)
- Blind Foundation Submission Replacement of Education Act 1989 (.doc)
- Blind Foundation Submission Update of the NZ Health Strategy (.doc)